Monday 9 July 2012

July 6th - By Katelyn Leece

It was another early wake up on our last day of tour so we could complete our unfinished shopping!  Some of us woke up even earlier to go on a hike around the beautiful landscape of Gatlinburg, but that was just a little too early for me.  So instead, my quad and I got up and went to eat breakfast at the Pancake Pantry where they had "the best pancakes in America" .  They weren't lying when they said that.  Those pancakes were truly the best I have ever had (sorry mom!) and I ate them so fast that my friends called me a Hoover vacuum! As much as I could've sat there all day eating pancakes, we left to go shopping down the main strip of downtown to spend the rest of our money.

When we went to the gym for the first check-in, we were welcomed back by all our teddy bears from jake peppers sitting on the bleachers in band formation... I wonder how they got there *cough* Chris and Steve *cough*. After the first check-in, I met up with some other friends and we made our way to a local crafts store where there were many different handmade crafts that were made all across the states.  Wood carvings, blown glass, knotted bracelets and woven blankets were just some of the many crafts.  Some of the artists were there and shared some of their trade with us and told us how they make their items! It was really cool! For my dad, I ended up buying a little wooden carved feather for my dad.

When dinner time rolled around, a bunch of us got dressed up in our best dresses and went to a sit down restaurant to make the last night of tour special. The restaurant was the opposite of nice though, we're they treat you like dirt, throw your straws at you and give you cheap paper hats with insults written of them, no wonder they call it Dick's Last Resort! A few of us that went to Myrtle Beach had been to one before, so we knew what to expect.

The cleanup of the pi beta phi elementary school went by smoothly and quickly without a hitch. As I went along with a garbage bag asking others they had anything to throw away, some newer members helped me out too which made me very impressed!! I finished up by sweeping the gym and took a seat on the bleachers beside Robbie Birse for our end of the tour meeting. The end of the meeting was topped off with our band cheer and when that finished, I looked over at Robbie and told him that that would be the last time he'd ever yell that cheer. I could swear I saw a bit of a tear in his eye but he would never admit it.

It was finally time to get on the buses and head for home. Most fell asleep instantly, but I stayed awake and talked with a few others. Slowly the air vents by the window started heating up and all I could say was "oh no". It was happening again... The air conditioning was breaking down again! What a time for it to breakdown because we were still more than five hours away from our first stop. We sat in the heat for a few hours until we made a stop at a gas station where rob bought all of bus three cold drinks. THANKS ROB!! We hopped back on the bus, slept on the hot bus for a little while until we reached the bus driver switching spot to get a new bus and eat a bit of breakfast. We hadn't even gotten out of the parking lot when another bus accident happened. We were pulling out and BANG, bus two had backed up into bus three and we had to stop again! There truly is nothing duct tape can't fix... That's what they used to keep it together for the last leg of the drive home. There were no complaints the rest of the way! At least from me and Heather Reynolds when they turned on Never Say Never the Justin Bieber movie.

"Who are we? BUS 3! What do we want

No comments:

Post a Comment